The application for exemption must be filed by March 1st. Only new applicants or those that have changed residences need to apply. In Lee County applications are available at all Lee County Tax Collector's branch offices, public libraries and on line at the
Lee County Property Appraiser's Web site
When applying you will need to present:
1. A valid Florida driver's license or identification card.
2. Florida license plate numbers for all vehicles.
3. Voters registration number or Declaration of Domicile.
4. Social security number, including spouse if married.
5. Last paid tax bill with identified or a copy of the recorded deed or the contract for deed.
6. For non-United States citizens a permanent residency card is required.